Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently

Alvaro Morata opens up on Chelsea nightmare and begs Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently
Alvaro Morata has lifted the lid on his Chelsea hell and pleaded with Atletico Madrid to sign him permanently so he never has to return.The Spanish striker is currently on an 18-month loan with Atletico from Stamford Bridge – but his Blues career is surely over in light of these recent comments.Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loangetty2
Morata has returned to form since joining Atletico on loan
Morata, who struggled for form in west London after arriving for a then-club-record 60million, claims he was not appreciated by the Stamford Bridge faithful, which left him feeling isolated.“I had lost confidence in myself previously. I was very upset by the opinion of the people in England. I think they caught me in the middle of everything,” he told Goal.“I didn’t quite feel loved or appreciated by the club or the fans. I started very well at Chelsea, but an injury in the end leaves you a bit stuck.“As bad as it was, I still scored 15 goals and won the FA Cup… but I was out of the World Cup, and for me that was the hardest thing that could happen to me in my life.“Ive dreamed of being able to play in a World Cup since I was 10 years old, and I chose Chelsea because I thought it would be the best club to later be able to play in the World Cup.“Now, signing for Atletico has been the best thing that could happen to me in my life. “I had a very bad time in London. In the end I was training alone. I talked to Maurizio Sarri and he told me some things that I knew were not going to be as he had said. I was very nervous. My wife was in shock with me.“I already knew that I could sign for Atletico if everything went well, and they had four games previously [before Morata officially signed for them on January 29]. I saw them all at home with my wife and she was amazed! She does not like football very much, and she did not understand how I could get like this, so crazy, watching Atletico games, screeching at home, nervous, when I was not an Atletico player yet.“It’s a story I’d like to tell very slowly in the future. I went from being tied on the same amount of goals as [Mohamed] Salah and [Harry] Kane at the start of the first year, and people made a song about me, I could not even go out in London! And one day I get up with a shooting pain in my back, my level goes down, and they start telling me everything [referring to criticism about him] in England. You are supposed to be respected by fans, but you know…”Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelseagetty2
Alvaro Morata never performed like a 60million player at Chelsea
Things have improved dramatically for Morata since his return to Spain.After struggling for goals under Maurizio Sarri, he bagged six in the second half of the La Liga season for Atletico.His loan spell expires at the end of next season, but the 26-year-old is desperate to spend the rest of his career in Madrid.He added: “I think in the end it was destiny [moving back to Atletico]. I left Atletico, and every so often I had the opportunity to return, although not so often when I was younger. When you have a bad time in a place, you don’t have that chance often [to return].“It motivated me a lot that Simeone called me, no matter the club I was at, and told me that I could be important in Atletico. The people have welcomed me warmly here, even in the difficult situation that it was. The squad and the club staff have changed my life.

LIVE ON talkSPORT

talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
  • Portugal vs Switzerland (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • Netherlands vs England (Thursday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
  • France vs South Korea (Friday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
  • Denmark vs Republic of Ireland (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
  • Croatia vs Wales (Saturday, 2pm) – talkSPORT
  • England vs Scotland (Sunday, 5pm) – talkSPORT
“As I arrive at the training centre, you can see in people’s faces when they trust you. When you are in the dressing room ahead a game, you see how your team-mates look at you.“At Chelsea there came a time when my team-mates, except for the Spaniards, well… you know, it is not the same when you play and you know that you give a pass to someone who is not going to do as well. You do not give the pass in the same way. Everyone who has played football once will understand that.“And in the end, it is a situation that you cannot control: it is neither about being positive or negative, or about trying to have fun or being worried. It’s the confidence that others have in you: your team-mates, the club… And I found it here at Atletico.“I have said it many times: there is a moment in which there are things that surpass fame, money and everything. Thank God, at Atletico I’ve been able to have a bit of all of this, but I would love to be here every year that I’m able to play at the highest level.“I want to stay at Atletico but, contractually, Chelsea can call me back. We will see what happens in the negotiations between them, but the two clubs already know what I want. I only ask, please, as I said to Atletico, do everything possible to do it as soon as possible. Because I just want to be here.”

James Forrest netted a hat-trick in the 3-2 defeat of Israel

Red Bull Salzburg vs RB Leipzig / Europa League - Two mildly said friendly clubs are meeting in the penultimate round of the group stage in Europa League and are practically deciding on the outcome of the fight for the knockout stage.

Lampard’s cup run came to an end

Championship 2018/19 table: Super Computer predicts where every club will finish - *end of season update* We are heading into the final few games of the season and the promotion race is hotting
Super Computer predicts where every club will be in the table

Klopp’s men are on 73 points with eight games remaining

Mourners have been paying their final respects to Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala in his native Argentina. The 28-year-old died when the plane he was in with pilot David Ibbotson crashed in the

Koulibaly is a world class defender

free footy Germany vs Serbia FREE: Live stream, TV channel, kick off time, and team news for international friendly. To stream the game live, you can buy a Sky Sports Day Pass from NOW TV for
Germany v Serbia FREE - Live stream, kick-off time and TV

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of those set to miss out on a medal if Liverpool win the league

Tottenham have warned their fans that fake tickets are in circulation for the club's Champions League semi-final second leg against Ajax in Amsterdam. Spurs were given an allocation of 2,600 DA: 63 PA: 51 MOZ Rank: 51
Liverpool fans mock Philippe Coutinho and Luis Suarez on
sportworld360.com/liverpool-fans-mock-philippe-coutinho-and-luis-suarez-on-twitter-after-historic-champions-league-comeback/
Liverpool fans celebrated wildly last night as they came back from 3-0 down to win their Champions League semi-final tie 4-3 against Barcelona. Georginio Wijnaldum and Divock Origi got two goals apiece to help the Reds register a 4-0 win at Anfield in stunning circumstances.
LIVE Cruyff News | One News Page [United Kingdom]

Joselu is not a regular starter at Newcastle

Ray Parlour recalled a hilarious trip to Nike Town with former Arsenal team-mate Thierry Henry - which ended up like an episode of Supermarket Sweep! Back when Henry's stardom was rising
Google

Mark Noble has recorded five Premier League assists this season

Trent Alexander-Arnold: Liverpool wonderkid's assist record this season puts Manchester United star Jesse Lingard to shame access_time Posted on May 18, 2019 by BLOGGERPARUNG Sometimes you need to remind yourself the player is just 20-years-old and in just his second campaign as a starting first-team player.
Trent Alexander-Arnold's stunning season laid bare by assist

Luke Freeman has been in outstanding form for QPR this season
Liverpool players pay their respects at Anfield memorial 30

Denis Suarez has struggled to break into the Barcelona team under Ernesto Valverde

Promotion-chasing Barnsley dominate the Professional Footballers' Association League One Team of the Year. Goalkeeper Adam Davies, defenders Dimitri Cavare and Ethan Pinnock, midfielder Alex
Barnsley dominate PFA League One Team of the Year | BT Sport

Marseille play at the Stade Velodrome

Man United vs West Ham live on talkSPORT: Full commentary and free stream for Premier League clash All you need to know to tune into the action at Old Trafford By Marc Williams
West Ham vs Leicester live on talkSPORT 2: Full commentary
gistjunction.com/2019/04/20/west-ham-vs-leicester-live-on-talksport-2-full-commentary-free-stream-and-line-ups-for-3pm-clash/
West Ham vs Leicester: How to listen. Full commentary from the London Stadium will be live on talkSPORT 2, with our coverage getting underway from 12pm. Russ Williams will bring you all the build-up and to tune in to full commentary just click here for the live stream or click the radio player below. You can also listen through the talkSPORT
West Ham vs Leicester live on talkSPORT 2: Full

Everton fan Levi will no doubt be hoping for three points this Christmas

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is unhappy with Burnley's tackling during a 3-1 win at Turf Moor, saying the "injury threat was massive". Speaking the day after the game, Dyche added: "I was a bit
Liverpool news: Burnley boss Dyche hits back at Klopp

Keane and Souness have been critical of Pogba in the past

Wolves post hilarious reaction to Willy Boly's dramatic goal against Newcastle 'We all love big Willy', the club proudly tweeted, as the defender's goal rescued a point when defeat looked
Wolves 1-1 Newcastle: Hosts post hilarious reaction to Willy

Black Cats captain George Honeyman on the ball

'Forfeit the match' - Tottenham fans react to Heung-Min Son's red card vs Bournemouth The South Korea forward was given his marching orders after pushing Jefferson Lerma to the ground in
'Forfeit the match' - Tottenham fans react to Heung-min Son's
fussboll.com/2019/05/04/forfeit-the-match-tottenham-fans-react-to-heung-min-sons-red-card-vs-bournemouth/
'Forfeit the match' - Tottenham fans react to Heung-min Son's red card vs Bournemouth Tottenham fans react to Heung-min Son's red card vs Bournemouth.
Tottenham appeal Heung-min Son's red card vs Bournemouth

Burnley may have beaten Spurs but their run-in isn’t looking great.

Darrell Clarke spent four and a half years as Bristol Rovers boss before leaving in December 2018. Walsall have appointed former Bristol Rovers boss Darrell Clarke as their new manager on a three
Next Bristol Rovers Manager Betting - thesackrace.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments